File to upload is too large file in phpmyadmin

You can ask general questions about MAMP here.

Moderator: severin

fmossiere

File to upload is too large file in phpmyadmin

Post by fmossiere » Fri 12. Apr 2013, 08:33

Hi,

I use MAMP PRO and was trying to import a .sql file of 70Mb into PHPMYADMIN, but ran into this error message:

"You probably tried to upload too large file. Please refer to documentation for ways to workaround this limit."

I looked around and found information on changing values in php.ini, which I did, to no effect (increased the max_file_size, and timeout variables). Problem is that it looks like this is not being picked up. I am pretty sure I am changing the right file.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /Applications/MAMP/conf/php5.2
Loaded Configuration File /Library/Application Support/appsolute/MAMP PRO/conf/php.ini

When I look at phpinfo(), I see that the loaded configuration file did not exist (conf/php.ini) ... I created the conf/ dir and added my modified php.ini in it. But I still see the wrong values in phpinfo (max_file_size is 30M although I changed to 120M).

Any idea how I can proceed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

duanemitchell

Re: File to upload is too large file in phpmyadmin

Post by duanemitchell » Wed 17. Apr 2013, 13:03

I'm having the same problem with MAMP. Just updated from v2.0.5 where I did have it working. I can't find which files to change in the MAMP version.

Thank you.

Duane Mitchell

optiinfo

Post by optiinfo » Wed 15. May 2013, 06:47

Your best bet is to FTP it to the server and then ssh in (command line) and import the database that way. The resulting command will look something like:

mysql -hlocalhost -uUser -pPassword database_name < file_name
That way you can completely bypass any file upload or processing time restrictions.

mori

Post by mori » Mon 10. Jun 2013, 15:22

I have the same problem but on my fresh retina macbook (OS X 10.8.4) with MAMP Pro 2.1.4 the "mysql" command is not found:

-bash: mysql: command not found

I enabled remote login and the root user.
What must I do to get the mysql command running with MAMP installed?