More database support

Any wishes or suggestions for MAMP?
Post here what functions you are still missing for MAMP.

Moderator: severin

weotch

More database support

Post by weotch » Wed 9. Sep 2009, 16:55

I would love to see ODBC and MSSQL setup by default.

Kropel

Re: More database support

Post by Kropel » Wed 9. Sep 2009, 20:17

Yeah... Why didn't you add it before? This is standard php module. WHy don't you want to add it as a module or compiled in php?

Dirk Einecke
Site Admin

Post by Dirk Einecke » Wed 9. Sep 2009, 20:19

Hi,

Thank's for your feedback. I've added this to the list of feature requests.

greetings
Dirk Einecke
Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dirk Einecke (MAMP & MAMP PRO Team)

NEW: MAMP & MAMP PRO 3 released | MAMP & MAMP PRO 3 veröffentlicht

All about MAMP & MAMP PRO: Website | Bugbase | Blog (german) | Blog (english) | Online documentation (Wiki)

freddavis

Post by freddavis » Mon 12. Oct 2009, 12:33

Its nice that the admins are very open to any suggestion and very quick in replying. I just want to know a\if their any updates on the said suggestions?

Dirk Einecke
Site Admin

Post by Dirk Einecke » Mon 12. Oct 2009, 15:07

Hi,
freddavis wrote:Its nice that the admins are very open to any suggestion and very quick in replying. I just want to know a\if their any updates on the said suggestions?
ODBC and MSSQL will be not includet in the very next updates. If we release a new version you can have a look at the version history to see what we have changed and/or added.

greetings
Dirk Einecke
Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dirk Einecke (MAMP & MAMP PRO Team)

NEW: MAMP & MAMP PRO 3 released | MAMP & MAMP PRO 3 veröffentlicht

All about MAMP & MAMP PRO: Website | Bugbase | Blog (german) | Blog (english) | Online documentation (Wiki)

jeconnolly

Post by jeconnolly » Mon 10. Oct 2011, 21:10

I too need support for mssql. I tried adding in the appropriate 'withs' on a configure of the source distribution from the web site and used the configuration information from the standard MAMP pro installation shown in a phpinfo() output. However, it will not even configure! The first problem was apxs which was not to be found. I fixed this with --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs. Next it can't find png.h and probably more header files. This one I am unable to fix even by pointing --prefix to my local installation.

I also note that part of freetds is available in the current binary distribution but not the actual library. What is that all about?

Please give me the correct parameters for the configure command adding freetds/mssql and I will attempt to create a version that will run mssql.

Jim Connolly

DavidSimmons

Post by DavidSimmons » Wed 8. Feb 2012, 18:06

Please add ODBC and MSSQL support. I am sure more users would pay for an upgrade just for this support....

PimpCup

Post by PimpCup » Mon 20. Feb 2012, 19:34

:evil: This thread was added sometime back in 2009 and still no direct MSSQL support in MAMP. I just bought MAMP Pro and I am currently at a loss because I can't seem to follow any tutorial on the internet which successfully makes MSSQL support available in MAMP.

Any guide, direction would be appreciated here. Thank you.

I am on a Mac v 10.7.3 - I've compiled PHP with mssql support, setup freetds, everything. I get a mssql.so module, I move that over to /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626

The error: [PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'mssql.so' in Unknown on line 0]

Other PHP versions wouldn't even compile correctly. Error:

~/php-5.3.10/ext/mssql/php_mssql.c:181: error: ‘PHP_FE_END’ undeclared here (not in a function)
~/php-5.3.10/ext/mssql/php_mssql.c: In function ‘php_mssql_do_connect’:
~/php-5.3.10/ext/mssql/php_mssql.c:767: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
~/php-5.3.10/ext/mssql/php_mssql.c: In function ‘php_mssql_get_column_content_without_type’:
~/php-5.3.10/ext/mssql/php_mssql.c:1120: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘spprintf’ from incompatible pointer type

jeconnolly

Post by jeconnolly » Thu 23. Feb 2012, 20:31

I have tried everything with trying to get mssql.so compiled including multiple versions of php (5.3.6, 5.3.8, 5.3.10 and finally 5.3.0) and freetds (0.82 and 0.91) on MACOS 10.6.8 and the only combination that compiles is php 5.3.0 with freetds 0.82. However it does not work with MAMP. All the others yield compile errors exactly the same as the entry by PimpCup (I guess we are both doing something wrong!).

BTW I have the connection to mssql working fine using the standard Apache/PHP installation that comes with the OS but even taking the appropriate parts from there and putting them in MAMP refuses to work. What is it that is special to MAMP?

Jim Connolly

markob

Post by markob » Mon 1. Oct 2012, 11:40

Does anyone from MAMP team even look at forum? This project is shit, poor updates, removal of Zend Optimizer just because ..., mssql is ignored, ...

Does anyone know of any good alternative? I'll buy it as long as it works and is updated.

Aidenn

Post by Aidenn » Wed 31. Oct 2012, 09:37

I also love and like database spacially oracle is most papolar , good and most wanted. The Oracle Database (commonly referred to as Oracle RDBMS or simply as Oracle) is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS)[2] produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.