MAMP Pro will not let me select DocumentRoot

Report any found bug here. We are grateful for any useful clues.

Moderator: severin

soopafly

MAMP Pro will not let me select DocumentRoot

Post by soopafly » Wed 3. Aug 2011, 21:19

Hi all,
I just installed OSX Lion and reinstalling all my applications. I've just installed MAMP Pro 2.01 and noticed that I cannot select the folders I used to select when I was running Snow Leopard. When I'm trying to add a new host, I give it a server name, then select the "Disk Location". From here a number of my folders are greyed out and I'm unable to select. I usually place my projects under ~/Documents/projects. Here is a screenshot. Any help would be great

Dirk Einecke
Site Admin

Re: MAMP Pro will not let me select DocumentRoot

Post by Dirk Einecke » Mon 22. Aug 2011, 12:49

Hi,

you've selected www/mysql (Server -> General -> Run Apache/MySQL server as user). This users do not have the permission to access your "Documents" folder. Choose YOURUSERNAME/YOURUSERNAME or select a folder outside of you user folder or select the "Sites" folder in you user folder.

Dirk
Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dirk Einecke (MAMP & MAMP PRO Team)

NEW: MAMP & MAMP PRO 3 released | MAMP & MAMP PRO 3 veröffentlicht

All about MAMP & MAMP PRO: Website | Bugbase | Blog (german) | Blog (english) | Online documentation (Wiki)

rogermedia

Re: MAMP Pro will not let me select DocumentRoot

Post by rogermedia » Fri 26. Jul 2013, 19:19

Hi Dirk,

I am confused by your answer here as the application gives me this warning if I select the USERNAME/USERNAME option:
"For security reasons, it's recommended to run the servers as 'www/mysql' when your Mac is connected to the Internet."

I am trying to use a folder that resides in my Dropbox folder called Sites. Is there something I can do to that folder to enable it to work with MAMP Pro?