Note:
Please direct all future questions to Stackoverflow.com.
MAMP PRO customers can direct their questions to support.appsolute.de.
Hinweis:
Bitte posten Sie ab jetzt Ihre Fragen bei Stackoverflow.com.
Unseren Support für MAMP PRO erreichen Sie unter support.appsolute.de.

Document Root will not set to /Applications/MAMP/htdocs

Report any found bug here. We are grateful for any useful clues.

Moderator: severin

Document Root will not set to /Applications/MAMP/htdocs

Postby mbenders » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Even though Document Root is set to /Applications/MAMP/htdocs in MAMP preferences, what comes up in the browser when I direct it to the URL "localhost" is the "index.html.en" file at /Library/WebServer/Document. That is my MAMP problem, which is bad enough, but I may also have a problem with the operating system because it won't even let me save any additional files to /Library/Webserver/Document, even if I create and save the file from Terminal. It gives me an error message that says permission denied. While someone is working on the MAMP problem, I will ask at Apple support forums about why I can't save files to /Library/WebServer/Document. In short, I cannot create a local webserver on which to test and create PHP files. I am new to PHP and trying to learn it. My operating system is OSX Lion (10.7.5) and MAMP version is 2.1.1
Michael Enders
Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
--Dietrich Bonhoeffer
mbenders

Re: Document Root will not set to /Applications/MAMP/htdocs

Postby mbenders » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 pm

A member with username FarmCritter found the source of the problem in connection with a different post about a closely related problem. MAMP works fine with Apache port set to 8888 and MySQL port set to 8889. From the bad advice I got from a book, I set the Apache port to 80 and the MySQL port to 3306 to avoid having to append ":8888" to "localhost" in the browser window. Having to type five extra keystrokes each time is a small price to pay to get things to work.
Michael Enders
Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
--Dietrich Bonhoeffer
mbenders

Return to Bugs