OSX 10.9 - Mavericks - Mamp Pro can not write hostfile

Report any found bug here. We are grateful for any useful clues.

Moderator: severin

Smiggel

OSX 10.9 - Mavericks - Mamp Pro can not write hostfile

Post by Smiggel » Wed 12. Jun 2013, 21:02

Hi,

Just installed the developer release of OSX 10.9. I tried MAMP and MAMP works fine. However, MAMP Pro gives the error that the file can not be written:

"The file /etc/hosts couldn't be written. Can not write hosts file to path: /etc/hosts".

Any idea how I can make it writeable for MAMP Pro? Use version 2.1.4.

Best regards.

NeoFuture

Re: OSX 10.9 - Mavericks - Mamp Pro can not write hostfile

Post by NeoFuture » Tue 23. Jul 2013, 22:10

Please see this post

http://www.gladdy.co.uk/blog/2013/06/16 ... mavericks/

this fixes my own issue too not being able to use port 80

jku

Post by jku » Wed 23. Oct 2013, 17:57

@NeoFuture I am using the hostfile to port forward to my vms. Do you know any way that fix this issue?

lebaigneur

Post by lebaigneur » Sat 2. Nov 2013, 16:29

I think it's a proper lack of respect that we haven't seen any official update on mavericks support from MAMP staff (Blog, forum, homepage, newsletter, email, twitter...).
They seem to be 100% AWOL, I haven't seen anything from them and I have looked hard, I haven't receive any answer to any of my request for support in the last weeks.
System has been been available in Beta since June 10th, released october 22nd, and at the end of the day, MAMP is solely targeting Mac OS X.
IMAO, this level of support makes me wonder about MAMP as a company, the long-term reliability of my set-up and whether I should switch to something else right now.

Huge thanks to Liam Gladdy / NeoFuture and the community for finding a fix this time, but I believe support shouldn't come to this, at least not for a software I paid for.