10.9 Mavericks - Mamp Pro can not write hostfile

Report any found bug here. We are grateful for any useful clues.

Moderator: severin

Smiggel

10.9 Mavericks - Mamp Pro can not write hostfile

Post by Smiggel » Wed 12. Jun 2013, 21:10

On OSX 10.9 Mavericks it seems Mamp Pro can not write the host file. As soon as you start Mamp Pro, you get to see the error that the host file can not be written.

I use Mamp Pro 2.1.4

Smiggel

Re: 10.9 Mavericks - Mamp Pro can not write hostfile

Post by Smiggel » Wed 24. Jul 2013, 06:40

Ah, thanks! That fixed the problem. Excellent.

mbagnall

Post by mbagnall » Thu 8. Aug 2013, 02:02

I am upgrading to Maverics PR 5 -- and I am still getting this error even after signing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success.

When I was able to get it to write the host file, it said it could not write the my.cnf file and when starting mysql would hang on start up.

Has anyone else had this even after self-signing the app?

mbagnall

Post by mbagnall » Thu 8. Aug 2013, 03:51

Sidenote to this. I discovered that if you have > 1 certificate with the same name and try to sign with it, it will not work. Make sure the self-signed code signing certificate has a unique name from the other certificates. In my case, it interfered with my ssh certificate and it wouldn't work. Once I made sure it was unique - then success. Spent 3 hours fixing this and discovering the problem.

lebaigneur

Post by lebaigneur » Sat 2. Nov 2013, 16:26

I think it's a proper lack of respect that we haven't seen any official update on mavericks support from MAMP staff (Blog, forum, homepage, newsletter, email, twitter...).
They seem to be 100% AWOL, I haven't seen anything from them and I have looked hard, I haven't receive any answer to any of my request for support in the last weeks.
System has been been available in Beta since June 10th, released october 22nd, and at the end of the day, MAMP is solely targeting Mac OS X.
IMAO, this level of support makes me wonder about MAMP as a company, the long-term reliability of my set-up and whether I should switch to something else right now.

Huge thanks to Liam Gladdy / NeoFuture and the community for finding a fix this time, but I believe support shouldn't come to this, at least not for a software I paid for.